Kingdom Commitment is the Goal of every Kingdom conscious Christian. To commit totally to the Kingdom of God involves knowing God through Jesus Christ, and following the teachings of Jesus Christ. Kingdom commitments make you want to know the heartbeat of your maker at all times.
The first thing a Kingdom-conscious person must ask themselves is “What is Commitment?”
A commitment could be defined as “In-depth or total involvement in anything one does”.
Having said that, what then is Kingdom Commitment?
One can say that Kingdom Commitment is “being zealous in the things of God with knowledge”, or simply put, Kingdom Commitment is “being totally involved in the work of the Kingdom of God”
Like Jesus made us understand in the book of Luke 9:62, Kingdom Commitment is the Main Key to everything you want in the Kingdom of God.
Hear this: “But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62, NKJV)
Why Kingdom Commitment?
You may ask yourself this “Why must you be committed to God’s Kingdom?” Below are some reasons to be mindful of Kingdom Commitment.
- In the Kingdom business, there is no slothfulness.
- You must make sure that you have overcome all level of laziness in you. (1 Cor 15:58)
- You must be very steadfast in all you do.
- You must be immovable and always abounding in your work for the Lord, with the knowledge that every work you do for God is never in vain.
- Salvation is not a cheap thing. Therefore it’s important that you strive to “work out your own Salvation with fear and trembling” (Phil 2:12)
- You must be very mindful of every step you take in life, everything you do or say etc. It’s important you guide and guard your lips, and think before you talk.
- The Coming of Jesus Christ is at Hand.
You have to be watchful of the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Make sure you live each day as if Jesus is coming the next minute. Be anxious for nothing, but remember that in all things, you have the key to effective communication with God through Prayer and supplication.
You may have noted that I said “Effective Communication With God“. This is because many of us forget that Prayer is a two-way Communication.
Whenever you go to God in prayers, always wait to hear from Him. It is not good to just heap all your requests on God without waiting for Him to give you an answer or just talk to you in His own way. You must develop a good communication technique or channel with God.
Benefits of Kingdom Commitment
There are lots of Benefits you will gain when you are totally committed to the Work of the Kingdom of God.
See the Benefits of Kingdom Commitment.
Here are some of the Killers of Kingdom Commitment
Always remember that “Kingdom commitment is a personal Race“. So there is no need for you to want to “be like others” be happy with whatever gift you have, and be committed in whatever thing you are doing in the Kingdom of God.